Instagram is the hottest social media platform for businesses going into the back half of this decade. Instagram is nestled nicely within the Facebook ecosystem for added growth velocity and with Google+ dead and Twitter falling, it’s prime to maintain a strong second position in the social media landscape. Just have a look at these Instagram stats:
- 300 million monthly active users
- 70 percent of Instagram users come from outside of the U.S.
- Instagram is considered the most important social network by more American teens (at 32 percent) than any other network
- Instagram will bring in $595 million in mobile ad revenues worldwide this year, and $2.81 billion by 2017
- Instagram adoption is at 85 percent among top brands
- The average engagement per Instagram post has grown by 416 percent over two years
- Instagram photos with faces get 38 percent more likes
Instagram posting is limited to the app, so you can’t post via their website. Therefore, if you take pictures with a regular camera, the question becomes how to get those pictures from your camera or PC to Instagram. This is a major problem for photographers and marketers who want to showcase incredible images beyond the possibilities of their smartphones.
Hootsuite is a social media service that enables multiple social media profiles to be managed from one place or dashboard. They offer free and paid accounts depending on users’ needs. With Hootsuite, you can post and upload pictures from your PC then post on Instagram through the Hootsuite smartphone app. This takes places through two easy steps.
Step 1 (PC)
- Sign up to Hootsuite (30-day free trial link) and get an account
- Down the Hootsuite app to your smartphone (Available on Apple and Android)
- Connect your Instagram profile
- Input your message and add your image or video attachment
- Click send and ensure the success notification appears
Step 2 (App)
- Check to see that the Hootsuite notification has come through on your smartphone device
- Open the Hootsuite app
- Click on the post
- Click open to Instagram
- Carry out Instagram posting activities as you normally would
Once you get the hang of it, you’ll complete this two-step process in a matter of seconds.
Note: Hootsuite is a certified Instagram partner while other tools such as Gramblr and Deskgram are not. With the latter, there’s no telling what the future holds for them or if Instagram will take action against.