The free WordPress software, available at WordPress.org, makes website development a breeze. Most hosting providers offer 1-click installations to simplify the setup process. Then, it’s a matter of choosing a theme and adding a few must-have plugins to set up a website. WordPress doesn’t require its users to know how to code, which makes their software very user-friendly. However, there are times when users need technical support to improve the functionality of their sites. For example, you want to increase your site’s speed, but don’t know how. Here’s a short list of items people usually seek support for:
- Broken links
- Coding errors
- Database optimization
- Hosting issues
- Installation and general setup
- Performance and speed optimization
- Search engine optimization
- Site backups
- Site Migration
When seeking WordPress maintenance and support services, there are three routes to take: freelancers, dedicated experts, and managed WordPress hosts.
Fiverr is the world’s largest online marketplace for freelance services. Thousands of freelancers will complete tasks and “gigs” starting at five dollars, which is fantastic for budget-minded customers. Fiverr has a WordPress services hub consisting of nine categories.
- Full website creation: Hire a freelancer to develop a custom website.
- Customization: Edit, customize, and optimize your WordPress site.
- Installation and setup: Get WordPress installed and set up so that you can hit the ground running.
- Bug fixes: Fix any error, issue, and problem.
- Backup, cloning, and migration: Back up your site or migrate it to another host.
- Performance and SEO: Improve your page speed, discoverability, and search rankings.
- Security: Secure your website to protect against hacks, viruses, malware, and intruders.
- Landing page: Get a fast, creative, and responsive landing page to increase your conversions and sales.
- General help and support.
In addition to WordPress gigs, you might hire freelancers for your graphic design and blog writing needs.
How to Choose a Fiverr Gig or Freelancer
Fiverr helps users select WordPress gigs based on price/budget and time horizon. For example, you can choose when you need the request completed by such as one day, up to three days, up to seven days, or any. You can also select “Show PRO Gigs first,” which showcases verified top-rated sellers that have completed at least 100 orders with excellent ratings. Before working with freelancers, inspect their profiles, reviews, and ask questions regarding service/deliverable specifics to facilitate an excellent transaction.
WP Curve provides access to top developers for unlimited small jobs starting at $79 monthly. They will fix any minor issue you request and improve your site in several ways. For example,
- Stop site hacking
- Boost your brand
- Boost conversions
- Speed up your site
- Grow your business traffic
- Increase search engine traffic
- Reduce your bounce rate
WP Site Care
WP Site Care takes pride in offering fantastic WordPress maintenance and hands-on support. They go out of their way to earn your business every month. They’re “happy to be your WordPress concierge.” Their services start at $79 monthly, and they focus on things like,
- WordPress support
- Security and malware monitoring
- Automated backups
- Performance optimization
- Website speed
- Website traffic
Managed WordPress Hosts
Managed WordPress hosting is a concierge service where all technical aspects of running WordPress is handled by the host. Some say it’s like having a personal tech team. Your host will manage security, speed, updates, daily backups, website uptime, and scalability. Managed WordPress hosting aims to offer a completely hassle-free experience, so you can focus on running your business or blog. With managed WordPress hosting, you’ll receive premium support and assistance from seasoned experts rather than rookies.
Shared vs. Managed Hosting
Shared hosting is what I have through DreamHost. With shared hosting, I manage my site without any assistance from my host. For example, I’m responsible for my theme/plugin updates, optimization, performance, security, backups, and so forth. (Fantastic customer support is available if I need it.) On the other hand, managed WordPress hosting targets:
- Automatic site/WordPress updates
- Automatic daily/weekly backups
- Built-in database and server setting optimization
- Built-in speed optimization through caching and CDN networks
- Built-in security mechanisms and safeguards including free SSL/HTTPS setup
- Scalability enhancements, that is, servers capable of handling more traffic if required
Recommended Managed WordPress Hosts
In many cases, managed WordPress hosting doesn’t cost that much more than shared hosting with prices starting at $10 a month. Check out these top providers:
- Cloudways: from $10/month
- DreamHost: from $17/month
- Flywheel: from $14/month
- SiteGround: from $19.95/month
- WP Engine: from $35/month